If you need to go to the hospital or to a pharmacy in Spain, we hope you don´t, be careful with some false friends that can confuse the doctor or the pharmacist!!!
We give you some advice to avoid embarrassing stories:
- To be constipated in Spanish is estar estreñido. Tener un constipado is to have a cold!
- Estar embarazada is to be pregnant! Estar avergonzada means to be embarrassed!
- Estar sano is to be healthy. To be sane is estar cuerdo.
- Un preservativo is a condom. A preservative is un conservante.
- Una intoxicación in Spanish means a poisoning. Estar borracho is to be drunk or intoxicated.
We hope you don´t get confused with these words! If you do, don´t hesitate to have some Spanish survival classes before you arrive in Spain!