Globalization and new technologies make you can read these lines, learn Spanish easily and comfortably, or even do business with a client who lives in the antipodes quickly and free.
However, every coin has two faces: paper books, land line telephones and letters in their envelopes are disappearing. Do you remember that fantastic experience of closing an envelope using your tongue or buying those stamps which were collected by your father, who used to have thousand of them? Well, forget it. The future is the email.
Today, we’ll learn how to write formal emails, specifically in business world.
- Fecha (date): it’s often located in the top-right corner of the document. Remember this requirements:
- Months are written in lower case letters.
- Years are written without period after them.
- It’s better to write the day and the year with numbers and the month with letters.
Miércoles, 11 de agosto de 2015
- Saludo o encabezamiento (Greeting or opening): it’s written under the addressee information. These are some of the most common:
- Señor + nombre: + name
- Estimado(s) señor(es): Dear Sir.
- Estimada señora: Dear Madam.
- Apreciado(s) señor(es): Dear Sir.
- Muy señor mío: Dear Sir
- Cuerpo de la carta (body of the letter): it’s formed by the message itself. It’s important the clarity and precisión in the composition. Next sentences can help you to begin the body.
- Con motivo de…: on the occasion of…
- Mediante esta carta…: by this letter
- Con este escrito…: by this writing…
- A propósito de…: regarding…
- En lo concerniente a…: concerning…
- Es un placer anunciarle…: it’s a pleasure to announce…
- De acuerdo con la conversación telefónica…: regarding our telephone conversation…
- En relación a su carta…: In relation to your letter….
- Despedida (farewell): it must have a relationship to the opening. These are some patterns you could use to finish an email:
- Reciba un cordial saludo: Best regards.
- Le(s) saluda atentamente: Very truly yours.
- Muy cordialmente: Sincerely
- En espera de su respuesta: I am looking forward to hearing from you.
- Quedamos a su disposición para todo aquello que necesiten: we remain at your disposal.
- Si desea más información, no dude en consultarnos: if you need further information, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Well, now you have no excuses for not being formal in your mails. If you want to practice your skills writing in Spanish, you can reserve a free trial lesson via Skype here. www.spanishviaskype.com will help you improve your business results.
* Image courtesy of digitalart at FreeDigitalPhotos.net