Why learn Spanish in today’s world?
- Spanish is the second most natively spoken language in the world, after Mandarin Chinese (over 572 million people speak Spanish worldwide).
- Spanish is the official language in 21 countries.
- Spanish is the second most studied language in the world and second language in international communication (after English).
- Mastering Spanish represents a competitive advantage for workers who want to move on to a Spanish speaking destination.
- Two of the top ten MBA schools outside the United States are located in Spain (IE and IESE).
- Being bilingual (Spanish and English) will continue to become more valuable for people who live in the United States with each passing year.
- By 2050 the number of Hispanics in the United States is projected to grow exponentially to more than 100 million people. At that point, Hispanics will account for approximately one-quarter of the total U.S. population.
- As countries in Latin America are strengthening and expanding their economies, they are becoming more important as trading partners.